LeTourneau University Quick Facts
LeTourneau University is named for our founder, Mr. R.G. LeTourneau. While flying over the area in 1946 to select a manufacturing site, Mrs. LeTourneau saw the sprawling complex of a vacated Army hospital consisting of over two hundred frame buildings. When told that it was no longer in use, she asked about establishing a school to serve the many GI's returning from the war. The site was secured and LeTourneau Technical Institute was established.
Since then LeTourneau Technical Institute has become LeTourneau University, a SACS and ABET accredited, nondenominational Christian university, offering four-year and two-year degree programs in engineering, technology, the liberal arts, business, aeronautical science, education and the sciences, plus master's degree programs in business. Today LeTourneau is led by its president, Dr. Dale A. Lunsford, and its board of trustees.
MAJORS AND CONCENTRATIONS
LeTourneau University offers more than 85 academic programs in Aeronautical Science, Engineering, Education, Business, and the Arts & Sciences.
- 2843 Students at all Campuses
- 1352 Traditional Undergraduates in Longview
- Students come 47 states, 30 countries, and 47 denominations/religions
- 22 National Merit Scholars
- Top Seven Enrollment States: Texas (705), California (75), Illinois (37), Pennsylvania (35), Oregon (22), Florida (21), North Carolina (21)
FRESHMAN CLASS 2012-13
- 532 Students (532=Trad and Gaps) (407=Trad only)
- 62.0% Male (62.0% Trad and Gaps) (74.0% Trad only)
- 38.0% Female (38.0% Trad and Gaps) (26.0% Trad only)
- 38.7% From out of State (38.7% International & unknown) (49.4% Trad only w/international & unknown)
- 14..47% Home Schooled
- Average High School GPA: 3.63
- Interquartile Range SAT (25%-75%):1060-1320
- Average SAT: 1185.22
- Interquartile Range ACT (25%-75%): 22-29
- Average ACT Composite: 25.44
- More than 50 recognized student organizations on campus.
- 76% of students participate in one or more of the 20 intramural sports ranging from basketball to flag football to coed ultimate Frisbee and air hockey.
- 70% of students stay on campus over the weekends.
- The YellowJacket Activities Council (YAC) and other student body organizations plan over 30 events every year for the student body, including movies, concerts, Hootenanny, Midnight Madness, Mystery Bus Tour, and Film Festival.
TUITION AND FEES
- Traditional students: Tuition (per year): $24,050
- Room and Board (per year): $8,940
- Financial Aid is available
- 162 acre main campus located in Longview, TX
- Nine academic buildings with the latest technology and equipment, with wireless Internet access available in all academic areas.
- 17 different on-campus living opportunities.
- All living areas have connections for telephone, cable TV and internet access through our 40 Megabit/sec connection, and the majority have wireless internet access.
- The S.E. Belcher, Jr. Chapel and Performance Center opened in Fall 2007 and offers an amazing venue for LETU Chapel services (MWF) and numerous concerts and events. For a complete listing of the Belcher Center events click here.
ATHLETIC QUICK FACTS
Location: Longview, Texas
Affiliation: NCAA Division III
Conference: American Southwest (ASC)
Colors: Royal & Gold
President: Dr. Dale A. Lunsford
Athletic Director: Terri Deike
Faculty Representative: Dr. Bobby Johnson
Sports Information Director: James Hill
Head Trainer: Portia Phillips
Athletic Phone: (903) 233-3760
Athletic Fax: (903) 233-3751
Athletic Website: www.letuathletics.com
University Website: www.letu.edu
Soccer: LETU Soccer Field at Joyce Family Athletic Village
Basketball/Volleyball: Solheim Arena
Tennis: LETU Tennis Courts
Softball: LETU Softball Field at Joyce Family Athletic Village
Surface: Natural Grass
Baseball: Conrad-Vernon Field at Joyce Family Athletic Village
Surface: Natural Grass