Athletic Training Staff
|Portia Phillips||Head Athletic Trainer||903.233.3794|
|Kaitlyn Overley||Assistant Athletic Trainer||903.233.3794|
Student-Athlete Medical Forms
Training Room Hours
The LeTourneau University Athletic Training room is open Monday
through Friday from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The training room is also open from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for TREATMENT ONLY!
(All hours are adjusted to teams in season. Game day hours will vary according to the start time of the contest.)
Athletes are required to meet all scheduled appointments.
Training Room Rules
1) No Shoes (i.e. street shoes, cleats, or spikes)
2) Do not bring in bags or extra clothing
3) No food or drinks
4) Training room is a co-ed facility, so proper attire is required at all times. Guys must have on a T-shirt.
5) Athletes are not to perform self-treatments except for getting ice or bandages.
6) Athletes should shower after practice or games before coming in for treatment, unless their condition does not permit.
For Visiting Teams
University athletic training will provide the following
1) 5 or 10 gallons of water with cups
2) Injury Ice
3) Bench Towels (sports warranted)
4) Biohazard container / blood removal product
5) First Aid Supplies
6) Access to the Solheim Athletic Training Facilities
7) Hydrocollator packs, Whirlpool, Ice bags
8) Splints or Crutches
9) Physician on Call
10) Ambulance on Call
Visiting teams must supply their own athletic training supplies. A Certified Athletic Trainer will be available for pre-game taping approximately one and one half hours before each game and will be on the field / court during the match. If your team is not traveling with a licensed or certified athletic trainer, please send a note or call with instructions on treatment of your athletes.