WOMEN'S TENNIS: LeTourneau claims two shutout wins in Louisiana
PINEVILLE, La. – One day. Two matches. Two cities two hours apart. No problem.
The LeTourneau women's tennis team picked up two shutout victories Saturday in Louisiana, which included a 9-0 win at Louisiana College for the YellowJackets' first conference win of the season.
The Jackets (11-4, 1-0 ASC East) started the day with a 7-0 win at NAIA opponent LSU-Shreveport.
The YellowJackets thoroughly dominated in their match against Louisiana College, as no LeTourneau player lost more than one game in singles competition. Sarah Case, Miranda Lamb and Shelby May all recorded 6-1, 6-0 victories over their opponents in flights one, two and three, respectively. Meanwhile, LeTourneau's April McCamey (pictured) defeated Elizabeth West 6-0, 6-1 in flight four.
Ali Goodwin (flight five) and Kayla Bonina (flight six) overwhelmed their respective Louisiana College opponents even more, as each player eased to perfect 6-0, 6-0 wins.
In doubles play, Case and Lamb won a competitive flight one match over Taylor Henderson and Raquel Flaggert. The LeTourneau duo prevailed 8-5 in a hard-fought contest.
Louisiana College's other two doubles pairings couldn't equal the competition of the flight one match as Bonina and May won their flight two match 8-0, while McCamey and Goodwin duplicated that score in flight three.
Prior to arriving in Pineville, the Jackets defeated LSU-Shreveport for the second time this season, taking Saturday's match by a score of 7-0.
As they would also do later at Louisiana College, every YellowJacket player who competed at LSU-Shreveport needed only two sets to win their respective singles competitions.
Case highlighted the win with a competitive 6-1, 6-4 win over Lauren Stevenson in flight one. Case and Lamb also defeated Stevenson and Heather McCatchen 8-6 in a close match in doubles flight one.
LSU-Shreveport's roster consists of only five players, and Bonina was held out of the morning competition for LeTourneau.
The YellowJackets resume American Southwest Conference play next Saturday when they travel to the University of the Ozarks. The match against the Eagles is currently set for 10 a.m.
LeTourneau women 9, Louisiana College 0
1. Sarah Case (LETU) def. Taylor Henderson (LC), 6-1, 6-0
2. Miranda Lamb (LETU) def. Raquel Flaggert (LC), 6-1, 6-0
3. Shelby May (LETU) def. Katie Porciau (LC), 6-1, 6-0
4. April McCamey (LETU) def. Elizabeth West (LC), 6-0, 6-1
5. Ali Goodwin (LETU) def. Jessica Clawson (LC), 6-0, 6-0
6. Kayla Bonina (LETU) def. Hannah Ingerson (LC), 6-0, 6-0
1. Case/Lamb (LETU) def. Henderson/Flaggert (LC), 8-5
2. Bonina/May (LETU) def. West/Porciau (LC), 8-0
3. McCamey/Goodwin (LETU) def. Clawson/Kelsey Hennigan (LC), 8-0
LeTourneau women 7, LSU-Shreveport 0
1. Sarah Case (LETU) def. Lauren Stevenson (LSUS), 6-1, 6-4
2. Miranda Lamb (LETU) def. Heather McCatchen (LSUS), 6-0, 6-1
3. Shelby May (LETU) def. Haley Yelverton (LSUS), 6-2, 6-0
4. April McCamey (LETU) def. Kelley Boss (LSUS), 6-0, 6-1
5. Ali Goodwin (LETU) def. Heather Nosky (LSUS), 6-1, 6-4
6. No player (LETU) vs. No player (LSUS)
1. Case/Lamb (LETU) def. Stevenson/McCatchen (LSUS), 8-6
2. Goodwin/McCamey (LETU) def. Boss/Nosky (LSUS), 8-3
3. No players (LETU) vs. No players (LSUS)